Join the College of Arts and Sciences and CNN for “Who is Black in America?,” a CNN documentary advance screening & panel discussion moderated by Soledad O’Brien.
Guest panelists include:
- Dr. Yaba Blay, assistant teaching professor for Drexel Africana Studies and consulting producer for CNN’s Black in America
- Michaela Angela Davis, writer, image activist, and creator of MAD Free
- Perry ‘Vision’ DiVirgilio, artistic director for the Philly Youth Poetry Movement and executive director of Spoken Soul 215
- Danyel Smith, former editor-in-chief of Billboard magazine
Seating is limited.
- Dr. Donald Tibbs, associate professor of law at Earle Mack School of Law, Drexel
Please RSVP to Jackie Rios in Africana Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Limit 2 tickets per person. Please include full name when RSVPing.Food is not permitted inside the auditorium.Videography & Photography:
This event will be recorded on behalf of CNN and Drexel University. By attending the event you authorize Drexel University, CNN and its affiliates to use any and all portions of the recorded event. This includes the question and answer portion. Personal video-recording and photography of any kind during the documentary portion of the program are strictly forbidden.Arrival & Parking:
Guests should plan to arrive early to allow time for parking, registration and seating (30-45 mins is advised). Event will begin promptly at 6:00pm. Parking is available in the Drexel Parking Garage, Lot G (entrance at 34th & Ludlow Streets). On-street parking is also available.Sponsorship:
This event is made possible by CNN and co-sponsors at Drexel University including the College of Arts and Sciences, the Africana Studies Program, the Office of Equality & Diversity, the Office of Faculty Development & Equity, the Earle Mack School of Law, and Human Resources.