|Start Date: ||2/4/2013|| All Day
|End Date: ||2/4/2013||
Laurence A. Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship
2012-13 Business Plan Competitions
The Baiada Institute will host the following competitions in 2012 - 2013. Competing teams must adhere to all requirements for each competition as detailed on the Baiada Institute’s website at baiadainstitute.com/competitions.
Business Concept Paper Competition – Open to all current Drexel students
• Deadline to submit a three-page business concept – February 4, 2013
First Place: $1000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $250
The Ian J. Berg Business Plan Competition – Open to all current Drexel students*
• Deadline to submit full business plans – April 22, 2013. The authors of the six top papers present their plans on May 22, 2013 and compete to win cash prizes
*Open to all Drexel student teams contingent upon completion of one of the following requirements:
• Successfully complete a course listed on the Baiada Institute website that teaches business plan writing. Be sure to indicate the course that you have completed when completing the registration form for the competition.
• Review and acceptance of the business plan by one of the Baiada Institute mentors. A signed letter from your mentor must be submitted with your registration form.
First Place: $3000
Second Place: $2000
Third Place: $1000
Baiada Business Incubator Competition – Open to all current Drexel students and alumni
* Early Application Deadline – June 10, 2013
• A maximum of 5 teams that register to compete via the early application process will be assigned
temporary space in the Baiada Incubator and given the opportunity to develop their business models
and companies during the summer months to prepare for the competition selection process.
* Final Application Deadline – August 9, 2013
• Team must be ready to start business in the Baiada Business Incubator if selected as a winner.
• Team must have rights to intellectual property associated with the plan.
• Selected teams will present plans to a panel of judges at the 2013 Entrepreneur Conference on October 9, 2013.
Prizes: Three winning teams will be given space in the Baiada Business Incubator to start the business. Upon entry into the incubator, in-kind service and other prizes will be awarded. In-kind service prizes are donated to each winning team by friends of the Baiada Institute – values total over $50,000. Other prizes will be awarded to defer Baiada Institute training and incubation fees and to provide initial seed funding as follows:
First Place: $10000**
Second Place: $8000**
Third Place: $6000**
**$3000 will be used to defer incubation and training fees; remaining will be a cash prize to be used to start the business.
Contact Terri Zobel at email@example.com or 215-895-0302 with any additional questions.
Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship
3225 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104