|Start Date: ||4/30/2013||Start Time: ||5:30 PM
|End Date: ||4/30/2013||End Time: ||7:30 PM
Drexel University School of Education presents Critical Conversations in Urban Education: Learning Through the Arts
Using the arts to foster learning, motivation, and success for urban students.
A panel of invited artists and scholars will discuss the significance of the arts to education. There will be a special performance by Danco 3 Youth Ensemble. An exhibit of art initiatives across the city will also be open to guests throughout the evening.
* Moderator: Steve Wills, Coordinator, Philadelphia Museum of Art’s Education Resource Center
* Megan Giampietro, Vice Principal, Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences at H.R. Edmunds
* Dr. Miriam Giguere, Director of Dance, Drexel’s Westphal College of Media Arts and Design
* Dr. Youngmoo Kim, Assistant Dean of Engineering for Media Technologies, Drexel’s College of Engineering
* Donald T. Lunsford, Artistic Director of Danco 2
Event will be webcast live through the website.
RECEPTION TO FOLLOW
To register, call 215-895-6770, email email@example.com or visit http://soe.drexel.edu/ccue.
Bossone Research Center
3140 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
AlumniCurrent StudentsFacultyParents & FamiliesPublicStaff