The Drexel community in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Restore,
Philabundance, Goodwill, the Powelton Village Association and U-Haul are
working together to provide on and off-campus students and local community members the opportunity to reduce waste, appropriately dispose of trash and contribute to the community through donations.
Throughout the June move out period, Drexel and local community members will be able to donate hard and soft goods as well as food items.Hard and soft items
- Tuesday, June 10: Residence Halls, Race Street Lawn (12-3:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, June 10: Fraternity and Sorority/34th Street Housing, Parking Lot D on 35th St. (4-7 p.m.)
- Wednesday, June 11: 33rd St. and Powelton Ave. (3-7 p.m.)
- Friday, June 13: 35th and Spring Garden streets (3-7 p.m.)
- Sunday, June 15: 37th St. and Powelton Ave. (3-7 p.m.)
Towel and blanket donations will be given to the PSPCA to help support animals in the shelters. Food donations
- All residence halls
- Each fraternity and sorority house on 34th St. and Powelton Ave.
- Academic Properties Inc. leasing office
- The Courts leasing office
In addition to donations, two large dumpsters will be available from June 11 - June 30 at the following locations:
Free mattress bags will be provided at the donation times and locations listed above for disposing of mattresses and box springs in accordance with the new Philadelphia law.
32nd St. and Powelton Ave.
3412 Powelton Ave.
Drexel Green will be hosting recycling sites throughout the
University City Campus during the move out period listed above.
Volunteers are needed to help collect donations (sign-up here: Reuse, Restore and Recycle Volunteer) and drive the 17-foot donation trucks (sign-up here: Driver's Registration)
Find out more and see full list of items that can be recycled or donated by clicking here